We have updated our office policies and will now be screening ALL patients and visitors, who wish to gain access to the office.
Guidelines are as follows:
- You will receive a screening phone call 24-48 hours prior to your office visit. You will be asked about any actual or potential history of exposure to COVID-19
- All screening calls MUST be completed prior to your appointment or your appointment will be rescheduled.
- We are requesting that you update your address, cell phone and personal email address so that we can effectively communicate any important information to you in a timely manner.
- Please call the office once you have arrived at the office. You will be asked to wait in your car or outside the building just prior to your appointment. Our staff will call you to proceed to the office when we are ready to be see you and meet you at the door.
- If you arrive late for your scheduled check in you may need to be rescheduled for another day.
- There will not be anyone allowed to accompany you to your visit (i.e. spouse, family member, friends, children, pets etc. unless medically necessary).
- You will need to be wearing a mask that covers your nose and mouth to enter the office.
- Please do not wear makeup to the visit. Also, please plan to replace makeup once you have left the office as there will not be time allowed to put makeup on in the office.
- Once you arrive at the office, you will be asked to clean your hands with an alcoholbased (70%) sanitizer.
- You will be asked a set of screening questions and your temperature will be taken. For a temperature greater than 99.5˚ F or a demonstration of any upper respiratory symptoms,
you will be sent home and will be rescheduled for a later date. It will be recommended that you seek medical advice from your PCP or a qualified Emergency Room, as soon as possible.
- Once in the treatment room, you will be asked to your hang coat and handbag on the back of the door.
- You will be asked to wash your hands for 20 seconds using soap and water.
- Only one patient is allowed in the exam room.
- Depending on your treatment, your face mask may be removed at the discretion of the physician treating you.
- Appointments will not be scheduled longer than 30 minutes to limit exposure, and there is no guarantee that all or any of the treatments requested may be performed at the time of your visit.
- For your protection, the staff will wear the appropriate face masks, face shield and gloves during your treatment.
- All patients will be asked to sign a specific COVID-19 related consent prior to any treatment
- There will be no food or drinks allowed in the office.
- Please use the rest room in the hallway at the Brookline office and the rest room on the fourth floor at the Newbury St. office.
- We will not be able to accept cash payments but credit card payments only, and these will be done with contactless collection.
What The Boston Center for Facial Rejuvenation is doing to keep you safe?
- All Staff are screened daily as needed for symptoms of COVID-19.
- All staff have been tested for the virus prior to opening our office and will be tested going
forward when deemed appropriate by our physicians.
- Staff will always wear appropriate facemasks and gloves.
- Staff will utilize appropriate face protection such as Surgical or N95 masks (with or
without face shields).
- An air evacuator may be used during treatments.
- Before and after all contact with the patients, all staff will wash their hands for 20 seconds with soap and water and/or use hand sanitizing alcohol (70%) gel.
- All counter tops, treatment chairs, doorknobs, sinks etc. will be disinfected, as above, after each patient visit.
- At least four times a day, all touch areas (including keyboards/mice/phones, light switches) will be disinfected with a CDC approved disinfectant wipe or 70% alcohol wipes.
- All treatment rooms, offices, waiting areas, floors, fixtures, and reception desk will be professionally cleaned daily.
- Air circulation will be optimally maintained in all areas of the office.
- Check out will be done on a non-touch basis and we will ask you to call to schedule your next appointment
- The management of the buildings are instituting enhanced cleaning and maintenance of all common areas.
As always, do not hesitate to call the office at 617-735-8735 or
email: email@example.com, should you have additional questions or concerns.
We look forward to seeing you in the office soon!
Leonard Miller, M.D.
Sean Doherty, M.D.
Catherine DiGiorgio, M.D.